It’s a team effort to maintain a clean office and healthy work environment for both employees and clients, especially as offices and facilities are opening fully once again. Hiring disinfecting and carpet cleaning professionals for regular service is a must, but you can also follow these tips to ensure a healthy space on a daily basis.
1. Schedule Time For Cleaning
Create a cleaning to-do list and a schedule to go with it, organizing each item by frequency such as daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
2. Declutter Your Workspace
It’s a good idea to purge your space regularly, to create a better work flow and maintain productivity:
- Clear the area: Clear shelves and cabinets of items and wipe down these surfaces.
- Sort out items: Sort items into keep and discard piles. Keep what you still use, toss what you haven’t touched in months.
- Assign items to specific places: Put them in the most logical places according to frequency of use and accessibility.
- Organize into shelves, bins and dividers: Loose papers clutter your space and make it really hard to find what you need. Create efficient storage for all paperwork.
3. Dust the Office Area
Not only does dusting keep the space clean, it protects electronics from static buildup. Here are some tips:
- Start high and work your way down.
- Wipe spots and stains off desks and walls with a microfiber cloth.
- Use only anti-static wipes or microfiber cloths to clean computer screens.
- Dust wooden furniture following the grain pattern.
- Dust the top of blinds first, then move to the sides.
4. Add Mats at All Entries
Mud and dirt can turn a clean office space into a mess really quickly. Especially if you have carpeting throughout your office, place mats at every entry point so people can wipe their feet before coming in. It’s much easier to clean a mat than it is to clean the carpets!
5. Disinfect Surfaces
With employee absenteeism costing businesses billions of dollars each year, it’s wise to disinfect all surfaces daily or weekly to keep sickness at bay.
Make sure to clean:
- Door handles
- Elevator buttons
- Desks and all other hard surfaces
- Keyboards and mice
- Shared office equipment
- Water dispensers
- Landline telephones
- Vending machines
- Coffee makers and supplies
- Sponges and cleaning supplies
- Microwave and refrigerator handles
- Restroom and kitchen sinks
Professional office cleaning companies such as 1st Class will bring the proper equipment to disinfect your workspace using EPA- and CDC-approved chemicals.
6. Have the Office Carpets Cleaned
Get the carpets cleaned by experts twice a year at least, as carpets can hold dust and germs that could be making your employees sick. You also want to maintain an aesthetic appearance for customers and clients. Stains on your carpet won’t entice anyone to do business with you! Same goes for upholstery, drapes and office furniture, which can all harbor germs, stains, odors and bacteria.
It’s easy to promote a cleaner, healthier work environment with regular cleaning when you follow these tips.
Contact 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration
1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration can disinfect your office, large or small. Our services include specialty cleaning for all high-touch surfaces – a must for your business today. Get a free quote on services when you get in touch with us at (248) 491-3088.