It’s true. Yet many of us neglect our carpets and assume vacuuming every once in a while is enough. It’s not. Only professional-grade carpet cleaning can draw out the deep set dirt, grime and bacteria that can settle in your carpet over time. Think about what you do on your carpets every day: Your kids play on it, your pets roll around on it, you drop food and drink on it, you track in dirt with your sneakers. When you get sick, bacteria and germs get in those fibers, too.
In fact, the average home carpet is dirtier than the average home’s toilet seat, harboring about 4,000 times more bacteria!
These are all good reasons to get your carpets cleaned regularly, at least once a year if not more depending on staining. Professional cleaning is your best bet because it involves stronger machines than you can rent, with higher water and steam temperatures and much better suction power.
Dirty Secrets Your Carpet is Keeping From You
If you think about your carpets at all on a daily basis, you may only concern yourself with surface dirt. But there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than you realize. Here are a few of the dirty secrets your carpet is keeping from you:
- Bugs: While you may not have live bugs writhing around in your carpet, it’s likely that the fibers have trapped insects over time, where they got caught and perished.
- Mold: Carpets are like sponges, soaking up spills from beverages as well as small leaks underneath the floor. When that moisture is allowed to collect, it can lead to mold growth, which can lead to a whole host of respiratory issues for occupants.
- Skin: Flakes of your skin get embedded in the fibers of your carpet, where they are feasted on by dust mites.
- Pollen: In spring, pollen gets into your home through open windows, landing in your carpets and causing asthma flareups and hay fever.
- Dog feces: Microscopic bits of dog droppings are in your carpets, from Fido himself and from being tracked in on shoes.
- Urine: Urine from pets and humans (think: toilet-training toddlers who don’t always make it in time) can oxidize and react with your carpet to change its color over time, not to mention create a foul odor that’s unmistakable.
So, there’s the dirty truth. The next time you plop down on your carpet for story time with your kids, or watch your baby crawl for the first time, think about the last time you had your carpets cleaned. If the answer is never or you can’t remember, it’s time to call your local carpet cleaning professional pronto!
Contact 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration
Schedule your carpet cleaning in Michigan when you call us at (248) 491-3088. Our Butler System can ensure deep set dirt, grime and bacteria can be lifted out in no time. Get peace of mind knowing you’re living with a truly clean carpet.