As the owner or manager of a commercial business, you know how important it is to properly and regularly maintain your building. A big part of that includes TLC for your commercial carpets. After all, they take a lot of abuse from daily foot traffic, stains, spills and more. Taking proper care of your carpets will put forth a better impression on clients and customers, while fostering a safer and healthier work environment for your staff.
This is why it’s so important to hire professionals in Michigan for regular commercial carpet cleaning.
If you think you can do it yourself, think again. You have enough to worry about without having to add carpet cleaning to the list. The sheer amount of carpeting in your building, coupled with all the equipment and cleaners you would have to invest in, makes this prospect an impossible one if you want to stay on top of all your other duties.
You can’t reasonably keep up with the overall cleaning, not to mention the spot stains and spills you would have to contend with on the daily, from coffee spills to food stains. And it’s not just carpeting that gets dirty – it’s all your upholstery as well. Think of how many guests sit in your waiting room each day or how many clients you host in your conference room.
In order to extend the life of your commercial carpet, heed the following tips when it comes to making sure your commercial flooring is clean day in and day out.
Stain and Spill Maintenance
- Don’t let stains sit. Old carpet stains are more difficult to treat than new ones. The longer they are allowed to sit, the more deep down they will set. Wipe up spills immediately
- Use some elbow grease. Some spills are more stubborn to treat than others. Don’t be afraid to use some elbow grease to get them out. Use products that are designed for your type of carpet and always spot check in an out-of-the-way area first.
- Don’t oversaturate the carpet with water or cleaners: While this is tempting, it could push the stain further into the carpet fibers.
- Don’t scrub: This alsomakes the stain penetrate deeper. Instead, gently blot the stain with an absorbent cloth, starting with the outer edge.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals. Sometime harsh chemicals can make the spot set in, resulting in a permanent stain. Go for a mild, natural cleaning solution like vinegar or baking soda.
Carpet Cleaning Maintenance
- Hire a professional. It takes time to clean carpets, and to do it right. It’s always best in the interest of time and safety to hire professionals who do this on a daily basis. They have the training, experience, knowledge, top-of-the-line cleaning products and powerful extraction equipment to get the job done right and on time. They also make sure the carpet is properly dried.
- Hire the right company. Your carpet cleaning requirements may be different throughout the year depending on your busy season, traffic patterns, etc. Select a company that can set you up with a regular cleaning schedule that is customized to your building. They should have a long history of reputable experience, be well known in the community, and have stellar business practices, timely teams, well maintained equipment and transparent pricing. Don’t trust your carpets to just any company. Your carpeting is a big asset, and can be ruined in an instant by cleaners that don’t know what they are doing.
- Avoid skipping cleanings. You may be tempted to skip a cleaning if your carpets don’t look dirty, but trust us: they are dirty! And you should never skip cleanings in high-traffic areas such as schools, day cares and doctor’s offices. The whole point of hiring a commercial carpet cleaner is to maintain your carpets. Regularity and consistency are key.
Keeping your commercial carpets clean doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the right carpet cleaners in Detroit behind you, you will be able to get the most life out of your flooring.
Call 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Services at (248) 491-3088
Here at 1st Class Carpet and Restoration Services, we specialize in commercial carpet cleaning services for all business types and sizes. We also offer tile and grout cleaning for your common areas, kitchens and bathrooms. Schedule your consultation and get a free quote today when you call us at (248) 491-3088.