Carpets get dirty under normal circumstances; add frequent customer traffic into the mix and you have the recipe for excessive dirt buildup. From stains and spills to mud and dirt, lots of things get tracked into your retail store on a daily basis. Cleaning your commercial carpets regularly not only makes your store look better while attracting customers, it’s safer and healthier.
Scheduling professional carpet cleaning in Detroit on a regular basis is important, with the frequency depending on what type of store you have and the amount of foot traffic it gets. This will also depend on the season, with winter bringing more mud and salt into the store. In this case, you should update the frequency. For high-traffic retail spaces, schedule cleanings every three to five months; for medical facilities handling frequent contaminants, for example, go with quarterly cleanings.
Not only do clean carpets improve the health and safety of your employees and customers, they help you maintain a solid reputation and your bottom line while sending positive messages of pride of ownership to anyone who walks through that door.
On top of professional cleanings, it’s imperative to vacuum every day and spot clean any spills that may occur so they don’t set in.
Factors to Consider: How Often to Schedule Professional Carpet Cleaners
As we said, the frequency you settle on will depend on the type of business you have, but take these additional factors into consideration as well.
- The size of your retail space and amount of foot traffic you get: Big commercial spaces like department stores with high foot traffic for a majority of the day should be cleaned more often than small boutiques catering to high-end clientele for a small portion of the day.
- Carpet pattern: Dirt doesn’t show up as often on busy, dark patterns, so you may be able to get away with less frequent cleanings. Of course, don’t forget the dirt is still there, so it’s still a good idea to have them cleaned frequently. Carpets with light monochrome colors may have to be cleaned more because stains show up very quickly and easily.
- Carpet fiber type: Commercial-use low-pile nylon carpet contains more durable fibers that can withstand heavy traffic without being crushed or matted. Low pile also happens to be easier to clean and is generally stain-resistant, so you may not need to have these cleaned quite as often as plush, light-color fibers in a boutique store that can easily get matted down.
- Services offered: Pet supplies stores have carpets that can catch dander, hair, and urine due to the furry clientele they cater to, which demands a higher cleaning frequency. Same with restaurants and bars with all those food and beverage spills. Small shoe stores and tux shops, on the other hand, can get away with fewer cleanings.
6 Reasons You Need Retail Carpet Cleaning Services
From better indoor air quality to longer carpet lifespan, there are many advantages to regular commercial carpet cleaning in Metro Detroit. Professional carpet cleaning can:
- Boost your attractiveness and appeal to customers and clients
- Make a better first impression
- Improve indoor air quality
- Enhance carpet appearance with minimal business interruption
- Extend the lifespan of carpets
- Protect your flooring investment
Contact 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Services
Still not sure how often you should get your carpets cleaned? We can help you determine the ideal carpet cleaning schedule for your retail store when you get in touch with us at (248) 491-3088.