As the owner of a retail store, such as a boutique or restaurant, you know how quickly your floors get dirty. From food and beverage spills to muddy feet and accidents, your carpets take a lot of abuse. As such, they need to be cleaned on a regular basis to ensure cleanliness and to ensure a good impression by customers.
It’s a fact that commercial carpets withstand a lot of wear and tear, and you know they need professional care and attention, but this begs the question: how often should you have your store’s carpets cleaned? The answer may be different for everyone. It will depend on the type of business you have and how much traffic comes through your doors.
Seasons will dictate frequency as well. As you know, winter brings more mud and salt inside your store, so you will need to get them cleaned more often during messy seasons.
A good rule of thumb is to have them cleaned every three to five months for high-traffic retail spaces and quarterly for medical facilities that endure frequent contaminants.
Between scheduled professional carpet cleaning in Metro Detroit, be sure to vacuum every day and clean up spills immediately to avoid stains.
Hiring a Professional Carpet Cleaner: What to Consider
As we said, the frequency will vary by business type, but take these factors into account when creating a cleaning schedule to follow:
- The size of your retail space and amount of foot traffic: Large commercial spaces such as department stores with many visitors during most hours of the day will need more frequent cleaning than a small specialty boutique that appeals to a specific clientele.
- Carpet type: Many businesses choose low-pile nylon carpet due to the durability of the fibers that are built to withstand heavy traffic without getting crushed. Plus, low pile is better at concealing stains and it’s easier to clean.
- Carpet pattern: Busy, dark patterns won’t show stains and dirt as easily as light monochrome colors. But just because you can’t see the stains on your busy patterned carpet, doesn’t mean they’re not there! You may be able to get away with a longer time in between cleanings from a purely visual perspective.
- Services you offer: A pet supply store that welcomes pets and their owners should be cleaned more often because of the presence of dander and hair, and likelihood of accidents. Restaurants and bars also have to be vigilant in cleaning because of the likelihood of food and beverage spills. Small shoe stores or bespoke tailor shops could can get away with fewer cleanings.
Benefits of Retail Carpet Cleaning Services
There are many advantages to getting regular commercial carpet cleaning in Detroit. Professional carpet cleaning can:
- Make a good impression on customers and clients
- Improve indoor air quality
- Extend carpet lifespan
- Protect your investment
- Enhance appearance of your carpets while minimizing business interruption
Contact 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Services
Let us help you come up with the right carpet cleaning schedule for your retail space. Just call us at (248) 491-3088 for a free quote and consultation.