If you own or manage a retail store, you know how dirty the carpets can get on a daily basis. From muddy feet to spills and accidents, your floors take a lot of abuse from customers and employees. This is why it’s so important to clean your commercial carpets frequently. You don’t want to appear dirty or unkempt, as this can be a turn-off for customers.
Clean carpets not only improve the health and safety of your customers, but they also provide a very real value in terms of reputation and your bottom line, sending a positive message to anyone who walks through your store’s door.
Because commercial carpets withstand huge amounts of wear and tear, they require regular professional care and attention. You may know that already, but you may wonder: how often should I have my carpets cleaned? The answer will depend on your type of store and how much traffic it gets. It will also depend on the season. Obviously, winter brings more mud and salt into your store, so you may want to increase the frequency during those months.
In general, scheduling cleanings every three to five months is a good rule of thumb for high-traffic retail spaces. But for medical facilities that deal with frequent contaminants, for example, quarterly cleanings are best.
In between professional carpet cleaning in Metro Detroit, you should vacuum every day and spot clean spills right away to avoid staining.
How Often Should You Hire a Professional Carpet Cleaner? Factors to Consider
The appropriate frequency will vary by business type, but here are some important factors to take into consideration when coming up with a schedule:
- How big your retail space is and the amount of foot traffic it gets: A large commercial space such as a department store with high foot traffic for many hours of the day will need to be cleaned more often than a tiny boutique catering to a specific clientele.
- The type of carpet you have: Low-pile nylon carpet is ideal for commercial use because the durable fibers withstand heavy traffic without getting matted or crushed. Low pile is also stain-resistant and easier to keep clean.
- The pattern of your carpet: If you have a very busy, dark pattern, stains, and dirt don’t show up easily as one light monochrome color and thus may not have to be cleaned as often. But don’t be fooled — your busy patterned carpet is still just as dirty as the light one!
- What kinds of services you offer: A pet supplies store that caters to pets and their owners will need to be cleaned more often due to a higher likelihood of dander, hair, and accidents. In the same vein, a restaurant, pub, or bar will need to be cleaned more often due to the propensity for food and beverage spills. On the flip side, a small shoe store or a bespoke tailor and suit shop would require fewer cleanings.
Why You Need Retail Carpet Cleaning Services
There are many benefits to regular commercial carpet cleaning in Detroit. Professional carpet cleaning can:
- Improve indoor air quality
- Help you look more attractive to customers and clients
- Make an excellent first impression
- Extend the lifespan of your carpets
- Protect your investment
- Enhance the appearance of your carpets with minimal business interruption
Contact 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Services
Our team can help you determine the right carpet cleaning schedule for your retail space when you call us at (248) 491-3088 for a free quote and consultation.